- Getting Around the App
- Understand the data model and navigation.
- Find answers in Help & Training
- Getting Your Organization Ready for Users
- Set up the company profile.
- Configure the user interface.
- Set up activities and calendars.
- Configure search settings.
- Set up Chatter.
- Understand Salesforce1 settings.
- Setting Up and Managing Users
- Manage user profiles.
- Create and manage users.
- Troubleshoot user login issues.
- Understand SalesforceA capabilities.
- Set up Chatter Free and Chatter external users.
- Security and Data Access
- Restrict logins.
- Determine object access.
- Set up record access.
- Manage record access with the role hierarchy.
- Deal with record access exceptions.
- Control access to events.
- Manage field-level security.
- Customization: Fields
- Administer standard fields.
- Create new custom fields.
- Create selection fields: picklists and lookups.
- Create formula fields.
- Work with page layouts.
- Work with record types and business processes.
- Maintain data quality.
- Managing Data
- Import new records using import wizards
- Update existing records with the data loader
- Keep records up to date with Data.com and social accounts and contacts
- Mass transfer records between users
- Back up data with a we
- Reports and Dashboards
- Run and modify reports
- Create new reports with the report builder
- Filter reports
- Summarize report data with formulas and visual summaries
- Print, export, and email reports
- Build dashboards
- Manage email administration
- Set up workflow rules
- Automate leads and cases
- Managing the Support Process
- Automate the support process
- Understand the Service Cloud console
- Enable collaboration in the Service Cloud
- Analyze support data with reports and dashboards
- Development Lifecycle
- List and describe the key features, tools, and technologies of application
lifecycle management and Force.com development
- Describe best practices for managing multi-team and multi-project
development initiatives with Force.com and describe how to use these best practices
- List and describe the various development and test environments available
on the Force.com platform
- Describe how to manage sandbox environments
- Given a scenario, determine whether to use package or metadata deployment
- Describe how to use the Force.com migration tool
- Describe the capabilities and constraints of metadata text files for
manipulating application metadata
- Describe the requirements and processes for deploying changes to an
application using a metadata tool
- Force.com Code (Apex)
- List and describe the features of Force.com code and distinguish between
it and other programming languages
- Describe when and why to use Force.com code
- List and describe syntax features of Force.com code
- Describe the ways Force.com code can be invoked
- Describe use cases for Force.com code in an integration scenario
- Describe how to send and receive email via Force.com code
- Describe use cases for dynamic Force.com code
- Describe use cases for batch Force.com code
- Describe the save execution order and use of before and after triggers
- Describe the types of governor limits and contexts and the rationale
- Describe how to write scalable code that handles bulk operations
- Force.com Pages (Visualforce)
- Describe the benefits, functions, and features of Force.com pages
and how it conforms to the model-view-controller pattern
- Describe how to incorporate Force.com pages into Force.com applications
- Describe how to create data, action, and component binding expressions
- List and describe syntax features of Force.com pages
- Describe best practices for incorporating static resources, style
sheets, and other content into Force.com pages
- Describe how to create and use a Force.com page as the template for
- Describe how to handle client-side behavior through the use of either
- Describe and incorporate proper error-handling techniques
- Describe how to create a custom component and the benefits of custom
components versus other techniques for code reuse
- Describe how to leverage PDF generation
- Distinguish between standard controllers, custom controllers, and
- Describe the request lifecycle of a Force.com page
- Describe viewstate and the stateful programming model of Force.com
- Describe the benefits of using Force.com code classes as structs or
wrappers of sObjects
- Testing and Debugging
- Describe the techniques and tools available to debug, test, and monitor
Force.com code execution
- List and describe the contents and use of the System Log
- Describe how to create and run unit tests as well as techniques for
achieving 100% test coverage
- Describe how to test Force.com page controllers
- Describe how to test email send and receive in different environments
- Deployment connection
- Deployment Options
- OutBound ChangeSet
- Inbound ChangeSet
- Deployment using Eclipse